Friday, March 15, 2013

Take time to take care of yourself!

Being a mom is such a demanding job, and most moms are way too busy taking care of everyone else to take care of themselves.  I've come up with a plan for taking time to take care of me.  At the end of the day I make it a point to give myself an hour before bed to just take care of myself.  That usually, but not always means that I take a long soothing bath.Twenty minutes is long enough for me, but you can take the entire hour if that pleases you.

In the bath I use Dr. Teals lavender epsom salts and Bubble Bath.  The lavender fragrance is so soothing, making it easy for me to let go of the busyness of the day.  I can just lay back and soak away any aches and pains, along any drama that may have occurred.

After my bath I like to massage coconut oil into the heels of my feet, because they can get pretty dry and ugly.  I've found that coconut is great because it does double duty.  I also cook with it.  When I bring home a jar from the store, I will take several spoons full and put them into another jar, which I will keep in my bathroom.  I don't want to have any cross contamination going on.  Coconut oil is very light and soaks right into the skin without leaving a greasy residue.  Since the rest of my body doesn't tend to be overly dry I use it just on my feet and sometimes on my hands, only because I don't want to smell coconut all night.

After this little ritual, I slip into my most comfortable night clothes and crawl into bed with a good book.  Sometimes I will journal also, it just depends on my mood.  I never ever watch television.  As a matter of fact I don't even have one in my bedroom.  The bedroom should be as soothing and tranquil a space as you can create for yourself.  When I'm sitting in my bed I look around the room and there are many things that please my eyes, paintings, plants, and interesting small objects.  It should be the same for you.  You want to pamper yourself with beauty and peace.  After all, you can't take care of everyone else if you aren't at your best.  So, make time to take care of you.  It could make a big difference in how others treat you.


"Fertility Still Life"
Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment