Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Life is Meant to be Good!



During a TED Talk (which you can view by clicking on the highlighted link) Isabel Allende told stories about women who were brave and who had passion.  These women lived under unspeakable oppression and cruelty.  It made me very sad to hear their stories.  I began to feel afraid and perhaps ashamed for how easy my life really is.

But, then I realized that I came here in this time and in this place so that I could experience happiness, beauty and creativity.  I am not responsible for the experiences of others.  They have their own reasons for their experience. I can feel empathy for them but I don't have to surrender my joy for their sorrow.

Life is meant to be good.  More and more of us are choosing joy, peace and creativity.  As we do we liberate others by showing them what it looks like to enjoy life.  I pray we all revolutionize the world by experiencing joy every day and in every way.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” 
― Marianne WilliamsonReturn to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"



"Butterfly Attraction"
8" X 10"
Oil pastels on canvas


Romancejunkiesbanner.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment